Open RAN: Is it Destined to be Closed?
2021년 6월 15일
Will Open RAN create an expanded ecosystem of interchangeable RAN vendors, lowering costs and speeding innovation, or will it bring it more complexity and cost, and lead to vendor-specific siloed implementations? Join Appledore principal analyst, Francis Haysom, and Spirent 5G strategic lead, Stephen Douglas, as they discuss and debate the future of Open RAN and what can be done to ensure it fulfills its promise. This Light Reading webinar explores the latest Open RAN market trends and challenges from the prospects for new market entrants to new techniques for reducing complexity with automated performance and multi-vendor interoperability testing.
The webinar will cover:
- The Open RAN market opportunity and key trends
- The competition between traditional and new software-based commercial models
- The role of government in the nascent Open RAN market
- Why timing synchronization is a potential stumbling block
- New continuous testing techniques to simplify multi-vendor complexity and ensure performance
Light Reading Webinar
9:00am ET (New York)
2:00pm BST (London)
3:00pm CET (Berlin)
Interested in this event?
Principal Analyst, KL Brown Consulting
Head of 5G Strategy, Spirent
Partner & Principal Analyst, Appledore